Ford reveals all-new Ka+ city car
- Credit: Ford
Ford has revealed the all-new Ka+ small car which can now be ordered, priced from £8,995, with first deliveries later this year.
The five-door hatchback has space for five people. It is slightly shorter than the Fiesta, but 29mm taller, with class-leading front headroom and best-in-class rear legroom.
Its 270-litre boot is enlarged with 60/40 split-folding rear seats and there are 21 stowage locations in the cabin for small items.
A new 1.2-litre Duratec petrol engine, in 70PS and 85PS outputs and mated to a five-speed manual transmission, has been tuned for smooth, responsive performance with a broad spread of torque. Both achieve CO2 emissions of 114g/km and 56.5mpg combined.
To deliver the desired dynamic performance, a unique chassis specification has specially-developed features including the steering system, springs and dampers, front anti-roll bar, rear torsion beam axle and tyres, along with re-engineered front sub-frame and engine mounts.
You may also want to watch:
Ka+ Studio uses the 70PS engine while Zetec will be offered with both 70PS and 85PS units.
All models get power front windows and door mirrors, front fog lamps, AM/FM radio with Bluetooth connectivity, remote double locking with alarm, safety system with six airbags, stability control with hill start assist and speed limiter.
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 Norfolk scams: Rogue gardeners and fake energy salespeople
- 10 Petrol queues causing rush hour delays despite assurances over fuel supply
Zetec adds 15in alloy wheels, air-conditioning, DAB digital radio/CD with Ford's SYNC voice-activated communications and entertainment system with AppLink, leather steering wheel and cruise control.