For he’s a jolly good fellow: North Walsham Rotary Club honours local businessman
- Credit: PETER MAYNE
A local businessman has been recognised for his work in the community.
Dennis Lee has been made a Paul Harris Fellow to recognise his achievements with the Rotary Club in North Walsham.
He was presented with a certificate signed by the Rotary International President and the Chairman of the Trustees of The Rotary Foundation, and a lapel pin and medallion at the club's Christmas dinner.
A Paul Harris Fellowship is the highest recognition that a Rotary Club can make to one of its members and bears the name of the founder of Rotary.
Mr Lee, who lives in Mundesley, joined Rotary in 1998, has chaired and served on a number of club committees and was president in 2006-7.
You may also want to watch:
He was born in the Cotswolds and worked in a variety of occupations and locations around the world before starting Broadland Travel, a business based in North Walsham.
Current president, John Grier spoke warmly of Dennis' dedication to Rotary and his contribution to the work of the Club, especially as its long-standing treasurer.
- 1 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 5 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 8 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 9 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat
- 10 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
Rotary press officer Peter Mayne said: 'The occasion of an award is always special and it is kept secret until the moment of it being presented.
'Dennis was therefore both surprised and delighted by the presentation which was applauded as well deserved by all present.'
North Walsham Rotarians and guests enjoyed an excellent evening at the Scarborough Hill Country Inn Hotel on December 19.