Foodie quiz night serves up £4,000 boost for Norfolk sight loss charity
- Credit: Andy Newman
A foodie quiz night served up a boost for Norfolk's sight loss charity, after organisers of the event handed over a cheque for £4,000.
The People's Kit, a group of experts from different professions who have banded together to provide a support service for county businesses, organised the event at the Assembly House in Norwich.
Organisers of the event pick a local charity to support every year, and this year the beneficiary was the Norfolk and Norwich Association for the Blind.
The charity's head of fundraising, former Norwich City star Jeremy Goss returned to the Assembly House to receive the cheque for £4,000, which was raised by entrance fees, an auction and a raffle.
He said: 'The People Kit's food quiz was great fun, and has become a must-attend annual event for anyone remotely interested in food or drink.
You may also want to watch:
'We are extremely grateful to them, and to everyone who supported the event,'
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area