Foodie Friday: Salmon is the way to go
- Credit: Great British Chefs
Indulge in some cooking this long weekend with three sensational salmon recipes from Great British Chef's Chris Horridge and Marcello Tully.
Salmon comes in many different species with most being found in the Atlantic and Pacific Salmon. Salmon is an important part of the eco-system, aseptically in Alaska, where it supporting a range of wildlife from birds to bears, who make the most of the annual salmon run. This major event starts when the fish migrate from the ocean to the river beds to spawn. Whilst the fish swim up stream, the bears make the most of the opportunity and grab as many salmon as possible.
Salmon has a lot of healthy properties as it is high in protein, omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D. The species is also classed as an oily fish which are said to decrease dementia risks, and have many positive affects on cardiovascular health.
You may also want to watch:
There are many ways to eat salmon, sashimi and sushi uses the fish in its raw form to make a tasty treat, with the fish's eggs being used in many dishes. Chris Horridge uses salmon in his classic fish cakes with rocket, capers and a lime dressing, with Marcello Tully goes for lemon and herb marinated salmon skewers. There is also a poached salmon watercress salad for a lighter meal.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
Click on the links at the top right of the page to view each recipe.
Check back every Friday to see what culinary delights the Great British Chefs suggest next.
Are you going to attempt any of the recipes from today? We would love to see your photos and videos, so please send them to us via iWitness.