Food heroes: Meet Alder Tree ice creams
- Credit: Archant
We visited local food hero Stephanie Hardingham of Alder Tree in Creeting St Mary.
In the first of our East Anglian Food Heroes series we visited Alder Carr Farm, the home of Alder Tree ice cream. Lovingly made by Stephanie Hardingham, using local cream and fresh fruit from the farm, the ice creams have notched up an impressive 55 Great Taste Awards collectively, with Damson being the ultimate champion amongst the range.
Flavours include Blackberry, Raspberry, Strawberry, Pear and Vanilla, Tayberry, Summer Fruits, Stem Ginger and Rhubarb, and Vanilla.
Chocolate ice cream is always a favourite, and Alder Tree's is made with pure Belgian chocolate.
While, later in the season, the Christmas Pudding ice cream makes an appearance, and is filled with all those winter spice flavours - and a good dash of brandy!
Many of the Alder Tree flavours can be found at your local East of England Co-op store or at the farm shop in Creeting St Mary.
You may also want to watch:
Find out more about the Co-op Sourced Locally initiative here.
- 1 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Do you recognise this man?
- 5 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 6 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 7 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 8 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 9 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs