Market stall provides 50 fruit and veg boxes to Norwich Foodbank
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich market stall has helped spread festive cheer by providing 50 organic fruit and vegetable boxes to the city's foodbank.
Folland Organics put a poster on its stall earlier this month appealing for people to fund a £10 box for those in need this Christmas.
Since then, people from as far away as America have donated money and within two weeks 50 boxes had been funded.
Shelley Folland, who runs the stall with her partner Robert, said: 'We're really grateful to everyone that has helped and contributed and to Norwich Foodbank for helping us to get these healthy, tasty festive boxes to people that really need them.'
The boxes, which were delivered last week to families by Norwich Foodbank and its partners, contained potatoes, carrots, parsnips, cabbage, apples and clementines.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about Norwich Foodbank and what is needed this time of year, visit www.norwichfoodbank.co.uk
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 7 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 8 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 9 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 10 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision