Folk music star Maddy Prior to perform in South Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
One of the most respected and enduring voices of the British folk scene will be performing in South Norfolk this April.
After 40 years on the British folk scene, Maddy Prior is showing no signs of slowing down and has announced a new spring tour, with dates in Norwich and South Norfolk.
A member of the hugely successful band Steeleye Span, Maddy Prior has been at the forefront of modern and electronic folk throughout her career, collaborating with a range of artists from many different backgrounds.
This tour will see her team up with Giles Lewin, a multi-talented instrumentalist, alongside fellow singer and accordion player Hannah James, from the award winning duo Hannah James and Sam Sweeney.
The trio will perform at Wingfield Barns in Diss on Tuesday, April 4. Tickets are £16. Visit www.wegottickets.com/event/386945
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 4 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 7 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 8 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 9 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 10 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school