Flying the flag to commemorate Kett’s Rebellion in Wymondham
A stream of flags or banners will be created in Wymondham to tell the story of Kett's Rebellion in 1549.
Norfolk Adult Education, Wymondham Library and Wymondham Heritage Museum have teamed up for the 'Raise the Flag for Kett' event, which will be held on Saturday, August 25.
The aim of the project is to create flags or banners telling the story of the famous Rebellion, and anyone over the age of 19 is welcome to join in.
The project starts with a free guided tour of the museum at 11am and 2pm to see the rich and varied history of Wymondham come to life.
The tours last about 1 hour and Norfolk Adult Education staff will be there to explain how the project will be organised.
You may also want to watch:
To register your interest, call 01953 600205 or visit www.wymondhamheritagemuseum.co.uk
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 5 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 6 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 7 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 8 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit
- 9 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 10 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods