Flying the flag for North Norfolk: Holt Country Park, Sadler’s Wood, near North Walsham, and Pretty Corner Woods, by Sheringham, named among best parks in country
- Credit: Archant
They are the benchmark for public parks and green spaces across the country.
And three beauty spots in North Norfolk have retained their Green Flags.
Holt Country Park, Sadler's Wood, near North Walsham, and Pretty Corner Woods, by Sheringham, have been confirmed among best open spaces in the UK.
It is the 13th year in a row that Holt Country Park has been able to fly the Green Flag, which denotes a welcoming, safe, clean and well-managed site.
The award demands year-on-year improvement for the status to be retained.
You may also want to watch:
Holt Country Park was joined by Sadler's Wood, just outside North Walsham, when it achieved a Green Flag in 2012, and then by Pretty Corner Woods the following year.
All three are run by North Norfolk District Council (NNDC), with part of Pretty Corner Woods run by the Woodland Trust.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 8 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 9 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 10 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
Councillor Maggie Prior, NNDC Cabinet Member for Leisure and Culture, said: 'We are delighted that all three sites have retained their hard won status.
'A lot of hard work goes into making sure these beautiful places stay both welcoming and in excellent condition.
'Don't forget that we also organise events at these locations, so you can choose to visit any one of the three as part of an organised event or in your own time.'
The award, organised by Keep Britain Tidy, recognises and rewards the best parks and green spaces across the country. A Green Flag flying overhead is a sign to visitors that the space boasts the highest possible standards, is beautifully maintained and has excellent facilities.