Flowers left at site of crash in Methwold Hythe which killed young driver and passenger
- Credit: Archant
Tributes have been left at the site of a serious crash which killed two young adults.
More than a dozen bunches of flowers now adorn the verge on Severalls Road in Methwold Hythe, near Downham Market, marking the spot where a green Mini Cooper came off the road and collided with a tree.
The driver and passenger were both killed in the incident, which took place between 7pm on Sunday and 7am on Monday.
Police confirmed the casualties were a 21-year-old man and a 17-year-old girl, but they have not yet been named.
A card at the scene, addressed to the young woman who lost her life, said: 'Sleep peacefully angel. So proud to have known you.'
The road was closed for several hours on Monday while police carried out investigations and the vehicle was recovered.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking about the tragedy, residents in Methwold Hythe said the country road was not an accident black spot, but that it was a busy route for traffic going to the nearby factories and farms.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 4 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 5 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 6 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 7 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 8 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 9 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 10 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success