Flowers laid at the pitch of Dereham stallholder who died suddenly, aged 62
Customers and stallholders have laid flowers for a popular market trader who died suddenly after 41 years in the business.
Richard Sizeland's fruit and vegetable stall was a regular fixture at Dereham Market for decades, but his usual pitch stood empty this week after the local character died suddenly at the weekend.
It is thought the 62-year-old may have suffered a heart attack while out for a drive and he was found at Beachamwell, near Swaffham, on Saturday evening.
Dereham Town Council today (Friday) placed a notice on Mr Sizeland's pitch informing people of his death and flowers have been placed in his memory.
Mr Sizeland, who lived in Dereham all his life, traded at several markets during his 41 years as a stallholder, including those in Wells, Reepham, Brandon and Attleborough.
You may also want to watch:
In a fitting tribute, his funeral will be held in Dereham on a market day and his cortege will pass through the market place on its way to the church.
The notice today read: 'It's with great that we have to inform you that Mr Richard Sizeland passed away at the weekend. Our thoughts are with his family and friends at this sad time.'
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash
Mr Sizeland, a life-long Norwich City fan, leaves four children – Alexa, 41, Daniel, 27, and twins Edward and Oliver, 23 – his ex-wife Pauline, brother Paul and his 95-year-old mother, Agnes.
The funeral will be held at St Nicholas Church, Dereham, at 10am on Tuesday, August 16 - not 2pm as previously reported.
Donations can be made to the RNLI Wells Lifeboat and the Colney Centre at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.