Flowers for Queen at church
CHRIS BISHOP Well wishers greeted the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh as they attended morning service at Sandringham Church today.
Well wishers greeted the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh as they attended morning service at Sandringham Church today.
The Duke walked to the service with guests including the Earl and Countess of Derby and Viscount and Viscountess Brookborough, while the Queen arrived by car.
In his sermon, the Bishop of Derby highlighted the difference between the numbers who celebrated Christmas and those attending church.
You may also want to watch:
“Why does everybody seem to connect with Christmas when so few people follow the star of Christ and come to church?” he asked.
After the service the Queen was presented with flowers by a queue of children.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 5 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 6 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 7 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 8 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 9 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
- 10 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place