Floral tributes to woman who died on A47 at Longwater
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Floral tributes have been placed at the scene where a woman died after falling from a flyover on to the A47.
The woman, in her 40s, died at the scene, on the A47 at Longwater in Costessey in the early hours of Friday morning.
Over the weekend, a number of bouquets of flowers appeared on the flyover.
Norfolk police said a white Vauxhall Vivaro was involved in the incident, which happened at about 3am and have appealed for witnesses or anyone with information.
Officers closed the eastbound lanes of the A47 at the A1074 junction following the woman's death. They reopened at around 12.30pm on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
People shared their sadness about what happened on this newspaper's Facebook page.
Janet Bayes wrote: 'May the poor woman Rest in Peace. Let's hope witnesses will come forward.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 3 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich
Rachel Rivers posted: 'Thoughts are with the family. It's an awful time x.'
And Debbie Adams said: 'May the poor lady rest in peace x.'
The identity of the woman has not been revealed.
Anyone with information or who witnessed what happened, should contact the police's serious collision investigation team on 101.