Anger as Norwich to Amsterdam flights are cancelled
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
At least five flights have been cancelled between Norwich and a major city-break destination this week.
Journeys between Norwich and Schiphol in Amsterdam were disrupted by apparent bad weather on the continent on Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning.
A statement on the Norwich Airport website said: 'On behalf of KLM may we apologise for this cancellation and any inconvenience caused.'
One man posted on Twitter on Tuesday evening that his KLM flight from Schiphol had been cancelled 40 minutes before departure.
Jodie Moore, from Wymondham, was returning from his honeymoon in Tanzania on Monday morning. He had taken two previous flights over 19 hours of travelling.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Moore, 31, said that although the couple were swiftly found a flight to Heathrow, their luggage was lost.
He said: 'Nobody would take responsibility and no apology. Terrible service and terrible end to our honeymoon.'
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 4 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 5 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 10 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
Mr Moore was told the abrupt cancellation was due to staffing issues.
To re-book flights contact KLM Reservations on 0207 660 0293.
KLM were contacted for comment but no one was available.