Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- Credit: Steph Travis
An aspiring teenage farmer made a suitably ground-breaking entrance to her school prom night - by hitching a ride on a tractor.
Ruby Travis, 16, from Filby, is preparing to study agriculture at Easton College after finishing her studies at Flegg High Ormiston Academy in Martham, near Great Yarmouth.
So there was really only one choice of vehicle for the school prom at Southwood Hall.
A family friend put her in touch with hire assistant Jamie Golinny at Norwich farm machine dealer Ben Burgess, who supplied a sparkling John Deere tractor for her big night.
"I didn't like the idea of going in a little car," said Ruby.
"This was a bit different and everyone was quite surprised, saying: Look, there's a girl on a tractor!
"I was a bit nervous to start with, but I enjoyed it.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 5 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 6 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 7 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 9 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 10 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
"I have always been interested in agriculture. I just like the idea of being outside rather than stuck inside in an office. There are so many opportunities."