Flat fire breaks out on outskirts of Norwich
- Credit: SOPHIE WYLLIE
A flat on the outskirts of Norwich caught fire.
Two crews of firefighters from Sprowston and Carrow were called to the incident on Lavengro Road in Sprowston just after 8pm on Friday, November 17.
An eyewitness, who wished to remain anonymous, said the blaze happened in the living room of a first-floor flat and the crews were on the scene for about two hours.
She said two fire engines attended and it was understood a fire investigator was called.
There were no police officers or paramedics called out.
You may also want to watch:
The morning after the fire there was no evidence of the incident.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 7 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 8 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 9 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 10 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47