Flashmob plan for Young Norfolk Arts Festival
- Credit: Archant 2013
A Moulin Rouge-inspired flashmob is set to pop up in Norwich ahead of this year's Young Norfolk Arts Festival - and more people are being encouraged to take part.
It is the idea of one of the performers in last year's inaugural YNAF, Norwich School pupil Caitlin Fairweather, who came up with the plan to help promote this year's festival.
Caitlin enjoyed being part of the festival last year so much so she aims to get more people involved by arranging an ambitious public display.
The flashmob is planned to take place outside the Forum in late April, however, the date remains a secret to preserve the element of surprise.
The song El Tango de Roxanne from the notorious film Moulin Rouge, will be performed by the flashmobbers, who will also be dancing.
You may also want to watch:
As it stands, the flashmob, which is essentially a large group of people performing a seemingly spontaneous display of song and dance, includes more than 20 people and Caitlin is keen for more to get involved.
Rehearsals are due to take place within the next month and young people from Norfolk are welcome to join.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 3 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 4 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 5 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
- 6 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 7 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
- 8 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 9 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 10 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
Whether it be taking part, or keeping a look out for Norfolk's talented young people taking to the streets, be sure not to miss out on what will be a unique and exciting stunt to kick off the arts festival.
You can also catch the piece at the Norwich School Gala Night at the Theatre Royal, on Wednesday July 2, tickets for which will be available through the Theatre Royal box office nearer the time.
If you are interested in getting involved in the flashmob or any other aspect of the festival, follow the festival on twitter @YN_AF or visit the website www.ynaf.org.uk or the Young Norfolk Daily Press section of www.edp24.co.uk for regular updates.