Flagship five fly the flag for cancer charity in Tour de Norfolk
- Credit: Flagship Group
Five housing assocation staff will be getting on their bikes for charity this weekend as they take part in this year's Bullards Tour De Norfolk cycle event.
The employees from the Flagship Group are taking part on Sunday, with three riding in the 35-mile challenge, and two braving the 100-mile route.
The event is in aid of the Norfolk cancer charity the Big C.
Ceri Theobald, head of commercial and business development for RFT (Flagship's maintenance arm), who is based in Dereham, said: 'My wife and I have quite a few family members and friends who have been affected by cancer recently and so we wanted to do something positive for a really good cause.
'We've cycled a little bit, but not anything quite like this before. It should be a great atmosphere, especially as there are several of us who are taking part.
You may also want to watch:
'We are all of different cycling standards but that's why an event like this is so good as it gives everyone an opportunity to do something positive within the community.
'One of my colleagues didn't even have a bike, but has now bought one especially so she can take part!'
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
The other riders are Kathryn Wright from Dereham and Emily Blackburn from Mulbarton who work in HR; and RFT field managers Kai Gibbon from Norwich and Tom Brewster from south Norfolk.
To make a donation please visit Ceri's justgiving page at: www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Ceri-Theobald