Five things we learned this week
- Credit: Archant
In case you missed them, here are five stories that caught our eye this week.
• One of our most read stories of the week was about Jasper the Greyhound, who has been with the Dogs Trust at Snetterton for nearly six months and has been seen by 2,000 people, but he keeps getting overlooked for a new home because he is always fast asleep.
• It's rare that banks give away money – but one gave an extra £5,000 Chris Allan. The motorcycle restorer popped into Barclays in Dereham on Tuesday to collect £6,000 in cash for parts and went on to hand over the money later that day.
But the next morning a worried phone call from the bank told him he had been given £5,000 too much and asked him to return the money.
• Six-year-old Ruth Carpenter is an inspiration to us all, she is in the middle of chemotherapy treatment but has helped to raise hundreds of pounds to support cancer patients.
Ruth's mother Deborah Carpenter, who is married to Ruth's father's Nick, said they were extremely proud of their daughter who was 'doing really well now' and had been 'bursting with excitement' about Tuesday's tea party.• Norwich North MP, Chloe Smith, has spoken of her and husband Sandy McFadzean's joy as they announced they are expecting their first child in early October.
You may also want to watch:
'Sandy and I are absolutely delighted and just like any parents-to- be we are very excited,' she said.
• The clap banners worked there magic for Norwich City, the club distributed over 25,000 clap banners around the ground for their clash with the Toon and they helped inspired Alex Neil's side to a vital victory over Newcastle, although it wasn't exactly a relaxing afternoon for the City faithful.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 8 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 9 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 10 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler