Five things we learned this week
- Credit: PA
Here's a look back on some of the stories we covered on the EDP this week.
•Health and safety has stopped the Flying Scotsman storming east
The region's train lovers were frustrated this week when we broke the news that the Flying Scotsman will no longer be heading east. Organisers cancelled the trip from Ely to Norwich, scheduled for late May, because of fears spectators would get too close to the tracks.
•'Normal For Norfolk' is now a thing on television
It's always great to see Norfolk on television and we're going to be seeing a lot more of it, judging by the reaction to BBC Two's new Wednesday night show 'Normal For Norfolk'.
You may also want to watch:
•Teachers in Broadland are going to be busy counting stripes on ties
Pupils at Broadland High are going to have to be on their best behaviour for their new headteacher. He's introducing a new dress code – hoodies are banned and ties must 12 stripes in length.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 7 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 8 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 9 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
•Don't expect a warm spring
We may be heading into late April but the sunshine we had earlier this spring isn't sticking around for long. This week we had floods and much colder weather – as well as a landslide in Shotesham.
•No job is too big or small for our firefighters
Our firefighters put themselves in harm's way for us everyday and that bravery isn't reserved for their fellow men and women. Swans also get the full treatment, as this one did when it got stuck on the roof of La Tasca in Norwich on Wednesday evening.