Five swimming pools in Norfolk with slides, wave machines and inflatables
- Credit: Archant
Treat the kids to hours of fun on flumes, inflatables and wave machines at these cool pools across the county...
• Breckland Leisure Centre & Waterworld, Thetford
With the word Waterworld in the name, you can tell that this is a swimming pool that means business. Complete with a 25m pool, a learner pool and a leisure pool, there's bound to be something to suit everyone - from beginners to self-proclaimed mermaids. If that's not enough, the centre also offers a range of inflatables, toys and floats as well as a twisting water slide for the more adventurous types. Swimming prices start at £5.30 for adults, £3.65 for students/juniors and £1.40 for under those under four.
• Splash Leisure and Fitness Centre, Sheringham
The centre was first opened in May 1988 by the late Diana Princess of Wales and has gone on to become one of the most popular visitor attractions in north Norfolk, boasting a wave machine and slide. Various fun sessions are held at the pool throughout the week, including Family Fun and Fun Splash with Features. These are priced at £7.40 for adults, £6.10 for juniors/seniors, £21.20 for a family ticket and £3.55 for the disabled.
You may also want to watch:
• Riverside Leisure, Norwich
For those in Norwich looking for somewhere to go for a swim, why not visit Riverside Leisure on Wherry Road. The 25m pool holds inflatable fun and fun splash sessions and the centre has free parking for up to two and a half hours. For information on times and prices call 01603 671390.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 7 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
• Diss Leisure Centre, Diss
Diss Swimming pool is open Monday to Friday from 6.30am until 10pm, and 8.30am until 6pm on Saturdays and Sundays. The pool operates fun sessions each week with inflatables and floats. Swimming prices start from £5 for adults (18+), £2.50 for juniors (5-18) and those over 65.
• Marina Leisure and Fitness Centre, Great Yarmouth
This pool has it all, with general/public swimming, inflatable fun sessions (weekends and holidays), an aqua slide (weekends and holidays) and a wave machine. Prices start at £4.60 for an adult general swim, £4.10 for a children/seniors (over 60) and £1 for those aged four and under.