Five pubs shortlisted for South Norfolk competition
Five pubs have been shortlisted for the third annual South Norfolk Council's Community Pub of the Year Award.
About half the district's pubs received nominations in the competition, and the five neighbourhood winners included The King's Head in Harts Lane, Bawburgh, and The Green Dragon in Church Street, Wymondham,
The judging panel will visit each pub on Monday, August 15, and the winner, which will receive �1,000 for a community event, will be announced in September.
Anton Wimmer, the boss at the King's Head, said: 'It's always nice to be recognised and to be nominated by customers. We try to concentrate very much on local life, and try to help people in the village as much as we can, as this is the only pub or business in the village.
'We try to cater to everyone and have a very relaxed atmosphere.'
You may also want to watch:
David Bear, landlord at the Green Dragon in Wymondham, said his pub was also 'thriving'.
'We are one of the best pubs in Wymondham at the moment,' he said.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences
- 7 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 8 Hamleys toy shop opens in Norwich shopping centre
- 9 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
The other three pubs shortlisted are the Burston Crown, Coldham Hall, Surlingham, and The Greyhound, Tibenham. All five shortlisted pubs will be presented with a 'South Norfolk Community Pub of the Year Award' plaque.