Five people arrested for drug offences under Operation Gravity
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Five people have been arrested for drug offences as part of Operation Gravity following two incidents on Thursday.
Officers stopped a grey Audi around 3.30pm on the A11 at Thickthorn and following a subsequent search of the vehicle, seized a number of mobile phones, a quantity of Class B drugs and a knife.
Two men from London, aged 27 and 33, were arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of Class A drugs, possession of cannabis and possession of an offensive weapon and were taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
The second incident occurred around 4pm in Lothian Street and Exeter Street in Norwich, where officers stopped and searched three males. As a result, a quantity of Class A drugs, cash and mobile phones were seized.
Two males, aged 17 and 18 from London and a 36-year-old man from Norwich were arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply Class A drugs and were taken into police custody at Wymondham. All three are due to be questioned later today.
You may also want to watch:
If you have concerns about drug related crime in your community please contact Norfolk Police on 101 or alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 2 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 3 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 4 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 5 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 6 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 7 Best bargain ever? Village hall for sale for £35,000
- 8 Man drowned after drifting out onto lake on air bed
- 9 Inquest into death of 22-year-old swimmer at Norfolk beauty spot
- 10 Staff at food firm receive £900 bonus each