Five days of roadworks to see temporary traffic lights installed
- Credit: Archant
Five days of roadworks which will see temporary traffic lights installed on a busy road will start tomorrow.
On Monday, February 24, work to improve the safety of the C470, Dereham Road in Scarning at the bend between Hulver Street and Bradenham Lane will begin.
The improvements include new hazard markers, cutting back vegetation and removing the layby on the southern side of the carriageway.
While the roadworks are taking place temporary traffic lights will be installed on Dereham Road.
The northern layby will also be closed during the work to allow for a site compound.
You may also want to watch:
The work, which is due to take five days, is part of a wider improvements to reduce the number of serious accidents on the road and will cost around £9,000.
Norfolk County Council thanked people for their patience while these safety improvements are carried out.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 8 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation