Five people taken to hospital after six vehicle collision on A47
- Credit: Archant
Five people have been taken to hospital following a collision between five cars and a lorry on a busy west Norfolk junction.
Emergency services were called to the Saddlebow Roundabout on the A47 at 7.10am on Friday morning.
Police, a rapid response vehicle and two ambulances attended the scene.
An ambulance spokesman said: “A rapid response vehicle and two ambulances attended a road traffic accident involving multiple vehicles on the A47 at Saddlebow this morning just before 7.30am.
“Five patients were transported to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King’s Lynn for further assessment and treatment.”
A police spokesman said the incident occurred on the slipway joining the A47.
You may also want to watch:
Morning rush-hour drivers were warned to avoid the westbound junction, which reopened just before 9am.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 3 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 4 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive
- 5 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 6 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 7 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 8 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 9 Welcome to our new website
- 10 PE teacher banned after getting drunk and showing her breasts at school prom