Man fighting for life after stabbing - five arrests over attempted murder
- Credit: Google
Five men have been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after a stabbing victim was left in a life-threatening condition.
Suffolk Police said officers were called at 11.35pm on Saturday, May 1 by the East Anglian Air Service after receiving reports a 21-year-old man had suffered a single stab wound near to the East Coast College.
The victim was taken initially to the James Paget University Hospital and then to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge.
He remains there with life-threatening injuries.
Following the stabbing, five men - all from Lowestoft and aged between 20 and 24 - have been arrested for attempted murder.
You may also want to watch:
They were taken to police investigation centres in Great Yarmouth, Martlesham and Bury St Edmunds where they remain while enquiries continue.
One man living nearby said: "As I was leaving for work this morning at about 6am the road was still closed off.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 7 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
"I saw about 10 police cars, forensics and what looked like an armed copper."
Police believe the men are known to each other and there is no wider risk to the public. Officers are not looking for anyone else in connection with the incident.
Anyone with information is being asked to contact Lowestoft CID on 101 quoting reference 37/22320/21, or online via their website.