Five arrested and one injured after chainsaw and garden spades used in south Norfolk market town fight
- Credit: Ian Burt
One man was injured and five others arrested after a chainsaw was brought out during a fight in a south Norfolk market town.
Police said they were called to Fleeters Hill in Hingham on Friday afternoon following a dispute between three groups of men.
A police spokesman said a 'chainsaw or hedge cutter' was used in the fight, along with spades.
Five men, two aged in their 40s, one in his 30s, one in his 20s and another in his late teens, were arrested on suspicion of affray.
They have all been released pending further investigation.
Police said one man suffered a cut, but did not say where or how large it was.
The spokesman said: 'It does appear that spades and a chainsaw or hedge cutter were used.
- 1 Meet the three Norfolk businesses featured in Antiques Road Trip
- 2 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 3 Family's heartache as dog dies after being hit by Amazon van
- 4 A146 closed after three vehicles and motorcycle involved in crash
- 5 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 6 Warning after dogs left 'limp or lifeless' by mystery illness
- 7 People come 'from all over the country' to try this Norfolk seafood platter
- 8 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 9 The homeless newlyweds who have lived in their car for a year
- 10 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
'But it does not appear that anyone was seriously hurt.'
Officers were called to the scene shortly after 3.30pm on September 29.
Anyone with information call Norfolk Police on 101.
• Do you have pictures or video from the scene? Email email@example.com or call 01603 772684