Five arrested and one injured after chainsaw and garden spades used in south Norfolk market town fight
- Credit: Ian Burt
One man was injured and five others arrested after a chainsaw was brought out during a fight in a south Norfolk market town.
Police said they were called to Fleeters Hill in Hingham on Friday afternoon following a dispute between three groups of men.
A police spokesman said a 'chainsaw or hedge cutter' was used in the fight, along with spades.
Five men, two aged in their 40s, one in his 30s, one in his 20s and another in his late teens, were arrested on suspicion of affray.
They have all been released pending further investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Police said one man suffered a cut, but did not say where or how large it was.
The spokesman said: 'It does appear that spades and a chainsaw or hedge cutter were used.
- 1 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 4 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 5 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 6 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 7 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 8 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
'But it does not appear that anyone was seriously hurt.'
Officers were called to the scene shortly after 3.30pm on September 29.
Anyone with information call Norfolk Police on 101.
• Do you have pictures or video from the scene? Email email@example.com or call 01603 772684