FisherBullen quiz scores for East Anglian Air Ambulance
An annual football quiz in aid of the East Anglian Air Ambulance has raised �500 for the charity.
The fifth season of the popular FisherBullen quiz saw two winners taking away �200 apiece, and six runners-up winning �20 each.
This year 1,000 people took part in the contest, compared to 65 participants in the first event.
Organiser Jamie Edghill, from Cromer, volunteer organiser for the charity's north Norfolk area, said it now operated two fully medically-equipped helicopters which were among the busiest in the UK, flying an average of four to five daily missions.
They could transport a casualty from Cromer to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital in about 10 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
The charity relied entirely on public donations and its in-house lottery and Mr Edghill thanked all who had supported the competition, especially John Turkentine, manager at Cromer and Fakenham building firm FisherBullen's, and Laura Shearing and Jess Down from the charity who helped on the presentation evening which took place at the air ambulance's Norwich Airport base.
Mr Edghill said the competition was gaining popularity and he had already had to print more than 1,000 entry forms for next season's event.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 7 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
The joint winners were Jeff Bowyer, from Cromer, and Jonathan Gouldson, from Norwich, who each scored 12 out of 21. Runners up were: Bex King (Norwich), Nick Riches (Norwich), Harvey Cooke (Norwich), Mel Propp (Holt), Judy Roberts (Cromer) and Tina Youngman (Aylmerton). They all scored 11 out of 21.