First offers cheaper bus tickets for morning travel across region as Christmas approaches
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
A bus company is introducing discounted single tickets to concessionary bus pass holders in December.
From tomorrow bus pass holders can buy the discounted tickets on First Eastern Counties buses between 8.30am-9.30am on weekdays.
The aim is to give passengers access to shops and high streets earlier in the morning as towns and cities become busier as Christmas approaches.
The discounted single tickets will cost the same as those available to 'young people' (aged five to 19), and offers around a 30pc discount on the standard adult fare.
David Jordan, marketing manager for First Eastern Counties, said: 'We hope that making this offer available will enable passengers with concessionary passes to travel at a quieter time of the day, and provide extra capacity on our network at the busiest time of year.
You may also want to watch:
'All passengers will need to do is show their pass to the driver when they get on the bus, and say where they would like to go.'
For more information click here.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk
- 10 Residents' anger at Deliveroo motorcycle drivers using pavement shortcut