First look at new Turtle Bay restaurant - set to open in Norwich at end of August
- Credit: Archant
Caribbean cuisine chain Turtle Bay is to open their first restaurant in East Anglia at the end of August on Norwich's Swan Lane.
The former Fabric Warehouse building will be transformed into a 180-seater restaurant over two floors complete with a bar designed like an island hut, an open street food style kitchen and a VW Campervan renovated into a seating area.
A spokesperson for Turtle Bay said: 'The team have pulled out all the stops for their first restaurant in Norfolk, which will be a beach-shack-inspired ray of sunshine.
'The bold, bright, joyful interior will be designed to transport Norwich guests to sunnier climes, and has been inspired by the independent spirit of its Lanes location.'
The restaurant will also create 50 new jobs in the city.
You may also want to watch:
Established by one of the founders of Latin food chain Las Iguanas, the first Turtle Bay opened in Milton Keynes in 2010.
The chain promises to deliver 'jerk, rum and reggae' in a social Caribbean style, including food inspired by the beach shacks and street hawkers of the islands.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 7 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 8 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 9 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 10 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
Alongside curries with rice and peas, the menu includes goat burgers and red snapper fish from the restaurant's 'jerk pit'.
• Turtle Bay are still recruiting for staff. For more information visit their website.