First homes of multi-million pound Breckland Bridge partnership near completion
- Credit: Archant
The construction of the first new homes built as part of a multi-million pound investment partnership between Breckland Council and private developers The Land Group is nearing completion.
This week, Breckland Council members visited the development in Mileham, near Dereham, to see some of the finishing touches being put on the 11 homes.
There has been considerable interest in the two and three-bed properties and seven are already under offer.
The houses have been built on council-owned land adjacent to Burghwood Drive and are the first to be delivered by the Breckland Bridge partnership. The joint venture partnership recently delivered the £8m Thetford Riverside leisure complex.
The scheme, called a local asset backed vehicle, combines private sector money and skills with public sector assets such as property and land.
You may also want to watch:
It is intended to accelerate growth in Breckland, create jobs and increase the financial return to the council.
The 11 property site in Mileham incorporates four shared-ownership houses, which are designed to help people on lower incomes to get into home ownership by offering the opportunity to buy a proportion of the house while renting the remaining percentage.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 5 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 10 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
Breckland Council leader Willam Nunn said: 'The new houses will help to meet local housing demand and support the growth of the district and I'm sure they will make wonderful homes for local families.'
Director of The Land Group, David Winch said: 'We are very pleased with the progress of this excellent housing project and that considerable market interest has led to seven houses being under offer.
The 11 houses are expected to be finished within the next month.
The new homes in Mileham are the first to be built on Breckland Council land for a number of years.
The Breckland Bridge partnership has submitted a planning application to build homes in Attleborough and further developments may be considered in the future.
What do you think about the Breckland Bridge partnership? E mail email@example.com