Found! First Hares Rock discovered
- Credit: Archant
Clever youngsters worked out the clues to track down the first Hares Rock close to one of Norfolk's most iconic landmarks.
Using the popular craze Norfolk Rocks as inspiration, Gorleston-based artist Rebecca Osborne has lovingly decorated 10 stones with GoGo characters for our #HaresRock treasure hunt competition.
Clues appear in the EDP and Evening News each day, with the first people to find each one winning £100 of GoGoHares sticker and sticker book goodies.
The first Hares Rock was uncovered on Saturday morning, when Archie and Oscar Johnson, aged six and three respectively, located it at Wymondham Abbey.
Their mother Karen Johnson said: 'We weren't 100pc sure that we had the right answer to Wednesday's clue but we thought we would have a drive out from our home in Tacolneston anyway as we love the area around the Abbey for a wander.
You may also want to watch:
'We arrived just before 9am and explored around the ruins at the side of the Abbey.
'It was Archie who found the stone tucked well away at the bottom of some of the remains.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: Norwich City Council LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 8 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 9 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich
'I hadn't actually told the boys about the prize in case we were wrong about the clue, they were just excited to find the special Hare Rock and card so they are over the moon to now find out they've won some goodies too.'
Here are all five cryptic clues for those still on the lookouot:
1, In this town lay Alan Partridge – but do not worry he was not dead. Just a rock's throw from that spot you'll find your #HaresRock, located on something golden.
2. It's a very famous view of our fine city. It's also here you'll find your #Haresrock
3. As part of this religious ruin, in this Historic Market Town lies your #HaresRock - FOUND
4. We have two of these in Norwich. Your #HaresRock is very CLOSE by.
5. Created by city folk and enjoyed by city folk. Head here for personal bests, bogeys, screamers and something steamy.