Found! First Hares Rock discovered
- Credit: Archant
Clever youngsters worked out the clues to track down the first Hares Rock close to one of Norfolk's most iconic landmarks.
Using the popular craze Norfolk Rocks as inspiration, Gorleston-based artist Rebecca Osborne has lovingly decorated 10 stones with GoGo characters for our #HaresRock treasure hunt competition.
Clues appear in the EDP and Evening News each day, with the first people to find each one winning £100 of GoGoHares sticker and sticker book goodies.
The first Hares Rock was uncovered on Saturday morning, when Archie and Oscar Johnson, aged six and three respectively, located it at Wymondham Abbey.
Their mother Karen Johnson said: 'We weren't 100pc sure that we had the right answer to Wednesday's clue but we thought we would have a drive out from our home in Tacolneston anyway as we love the area around the Abbey for a wander.
'We arrived just before 9am and explored around the ruins at the side of the Abbey.
'It was Archie who found the stone tucked well away at the bottom of some of the remains.
- 1 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 2 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 3 Staff and customers gutted after fire badly damages popular takeaway
- 4 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 5 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 6 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 7 Is this Norfolk's quirkiest cafe?
- 8 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 9 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 10 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
'I hadn't actually told the boys about the prize in case we were wrong about the clue, they were just excited to find the special Hare Rock and card so they are over the moon to now find out they've won some goodies too.'
Here are all five cryptic clues for those still on the lookouot:
1, In this town lay Alan Partridge – but do not worry he was not dead. Just a rock's throw from that spot you'll find your #HaresRock, located on something golden.
2. It's a very famous view of our fine city. It's also here you'll find your #Haresrock
3. As part of this religious ruin, in this Historic Market Town lies your #HaresRock - FOUND
4. We have two of these in Norwich. Your #HaresRock is very CLOSE by.
5. Created by city folk and enjoyed by city folk. Head here for personal bests, bogeys, screamers and something steamy.