Free bus travel for current and former service personnel for Remembrance Sunday
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Service personnel wearing their uniforms will be able to travel on First Eastern Counties buses for free during Rememberance Sunday.
Drivers with the bus company who had previously served in the forces are also being encouraged to support the day by wearing their military attire on Sunday.
The offer is open to anyone wearing uniforms of the Royal Navy, Army, Royal Marines, Royal Air Force and any associated cadet force.
Alternatively, commuters can show a current Ministry of Defence issued ID card with their branch of the military stated.
Steve Wickers, managing director for First Eastern Counties said: 'This is an important day for many people who want to remember family, friends and others who have been lost in military service.
You may also want to watch:
'I am pleased to be supporting Remembrance Sunday on this 100th anniversary and want to make it as easy as possible for people to attend the events organised across the county.'
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 3 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 4 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 5 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 6 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 7 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 8 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 9 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 10 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony