Woman describes moment double-decker bus crashed into her front garden
- Credit: Archant
A woman has described the moment a double-decker bus full of passengers crashed into her front garden.
At around 10pm Sunday, Katie Gore was enjoying a quiet night with her mother and brother at their home on New Road, Hethersett, when she heard a loud crash from outside.
The family ran to investigate and were shocked to discover a double-decker First bus embedded in her hedge, full of worried passengers.
Ms Gore said it appeared the bus had hit a parked car, which had crumpled on impact and been forced into a hedge near the crash site.
She said: "My hedge was partly knocked over and the front bumper of the bus had completely come off and was lying in the road. All the passengers were standing around in shock. Amazingly nobody was hurt."
You may also want to watch:
One woman, whom Ms Gore described as elderly, was visibly shaken and the Hethersett family took her inside for some water and to call a friend for a lift back to Norwich.
The police arrived shortly afterwards and closed the road while they cleared the scene.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 4 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 5 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 6 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 7 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 8 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 9 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named
Cliff Hussey, operations manager at First Eastern Counties, said: " One of our buses was in collision with a third party vehicle whilst travelling on New Road in Hethersett at the weekend.
"There were no injuries sustained to anyone involved in the incident and we are undertaking an investigation into the cause of the collision."