First Bus announces 2015 fares shake-up
- Credit: Archant © 2011
First Eastern Counties has announced changes to its bus fares in Norfolk and Suffolk, which will take effect on Sunday, January 4.
A significant number of fares are being frozen at their current levels, with some increases and a number of fares being reduced.
A number of new tickets will be introduced across the region following requests from passengers – with those using the X1 service between Peterborough and Dereham able to benefit from better value fares, as a new Western zone is being introduced.
First is also enhancing its range of on-bus monthly tickets to include the Western and YarLow zones.
David Squire, managing director for First Eastern Counties, said: 'These changes aim to reward passengers who regularly travel with us. We have kept any fare increases to an absolute minimum as we are committed to making bus the preferred travel option.
You may also want to watch:
'While some passengers may experience an increase in fares, we have tried to limit this as much as possible and keep any rises in line with inflation.'
The changes will see prices of Norwich day tickets, two stop hop and the inner two-trip ticket prices frozen. Weekly, 10-trip, monthly, three-monthly and annual tickets are all reduced.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 4 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 5 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 7 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 8 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 9 Air ambulance called to person's aid in Dereham
- 10 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'
In Great Yarmouth, single journey prices will be reduced in certain areas. Weekly, monthly, three-monthly and annual ticket prices have all been frozen.
Day ticket prices will be reduced in Lowestoft, and prices will be frozen for young person weekly, monthly, three-monthly and annual tickets.
In the Western zone, there will be reduced-price weekly, 10-trip and on-bus monthly tickets available to passengers travelling between Peterborough and Dereham only.
Full details of the new fares will be available on www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/suffolk_norfolk
For more information about First Bus, call customer services on 08456 020 121, Monday to Friday from 7.30am to 5.30pm.