First aid campaign to begin at Norfolk venues this weekend
The St John Ambulance 'Save A Life September' campaign is kicked off in Norfolk this weekend.
The national campaign for the first aid charity is holding an all-day display in The Mall Norwich between 9am and 6pm on Saturday, as well as on New Conduit Street in King's Lynn between 9am and 5pm.
Throughout September, the charity will be giving free demonstrations at locations across Norfolk to teach the public how to save a life using five easy-to-follow techniques and will receive a free
pocket-sized first aid guide to carry in case of emergency.
Research carried out by St John Ambulance last year showed that up to 150,000 people die every year in situations where first aid could have - almost four times the population of King's Lynn.
You may also want to watch:
given them the chance to live. This includes nearly 900 people who choke to death, 2,500 who
asphyxiate from a blocked airway and 29,000 who die from heart attacks.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 7 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 8 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
These will be followed by another event at The Mall Norwich on September 17 and Chapelfield Shopping Centre on September 24.