Steam Sunday event at Whitwell and Reepham railway is a runaway success
- Credit: Archant
Crowds turned out to bring in the new year at a popular steam engine event.
The Reepham and Whitwell Steam Sunday event launched its 2018 calendar with more than 250 visitors.
'It was fantastic,' said volunteer Chrissy Payne.
'We always get more visitors when it's cold or wet because it's a nice warm train with a roast dinner and drinks on offer, a place for kids to play, and so on. And it's just £2 for an adult and £1 for a child for a twenty minute or so journey.'
Ms Payne added: 'We're constantly looking at improving our services. As we're a charity everything we raise gets invested straight back into the railway.
You may also want to watch:
'In 2018 we're looking at expanding the line which we run on, as well as continuing to maintain our off-track services to preserve the trains.'
The Steam Sunday event runs on the first Sunday of every month, to learn more visit www.whitwellstation.com.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 7 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 8 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 9 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
- 10 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk