Steam Sunday event at Whitwell and Reepham railway is a runaway success
- Credit: Archant
Crowds turned out to bring in the new year at a popular steam engine event.
The Reepham and Whitwell Steam Sunday event launched its 2018 calendar with more than 250 visitors.
'It was fantastic,' said volunteer Chrissy Payne.
'We always get more visitors when it's cold or wet because it's a nice warm train with a roast dinner and drinks on offer, a place for kids to play, and so on. And it's just £2 for an adult and £1 for a child for a twenty minute or so journey.'
Ms Payne added: 'We're constantly looking at improving our services. As we're a charity everything we raise gets invested straight back into the railway.
'In 2018 we're looking at expanding the line which we run on, as well as continuing to maintain our off-track services to preserve the trains.'
The Steam Sunday event runs on the first Sunday of every month, to learn more visit www.whitwellstation.com.
- 1 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 2 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 3 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 4 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 5 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 6 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 7 Man who survived motorcycle crash died from Covid, inquest told
- 8 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 9 Seven of the oldest Norfolk businesses
- 10 Hot tub wrecked after car smashes through garden wall from Wilkos car park