Firm gives Reepham College students advice over finances
- Credit: Archant
A firm of financial advisers has teamed up with a specialist education provider to give students tips to make their money go further.
GreenSky Wealth's support allowed Wize-Up's Ed Flack to deliver a talk on finance to Year 12 pupils at Reepham College.
The session for the 140 students focused on the costs of university, flat sharing, budget and tax and national insurance.
Schools deliver financial education, but only up to the age of 16 - the age at which they are given the most financial freedom, said GreenSky Wealth director Paul Holiday.
'We're big believers in getting people interested in managing their finances from a young age. If you start off with the right attitude and knowledge of money, you'll stand a much better chance of making sound financial decisions in the future,' he said.
You may also want to watch:
Christine Durban, assistant to the college director, said: 'To have a completely unbiased and clear explanation with regards to student loans and personal finances, delivered by an expert, will stand our students in good stead for the future. Staff who sat in on the session commented that they wished they'd had the benefit of a similar talk while they were at sixth form.'
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 7 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 8 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 9 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 10 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died