Professional offers up to date advice for dog owners during firework season
- Credit: Archant
With the firework season coming up, one professional is looking to help dog owners through a difficult time of year.
Isabella McBride, of Smart Dog Training will run a presentation on October 3 of the most up to date information for dog owners on what they can do to help their dog cope with the stress of fireworks, which sometimes causes behavioural problems.
Ms McBride said: 'Traditionally owners have always been told to ignore dogs that are scared of fireworks or to just turn the TV up, however we now know there are far more effective ways of helping our dogs.'
The trainer of eight years runs one to one training sessions, classes and talks for owners and professionals, and is a member of the APDT.
The presentation will be held at 7.30pm at Norfolk Dogs Day Inn Doggy Daycare, Unit 31, Rookery Business Park. Tickets are £10.
You may also want to watch:
To book tickets call 07766822780.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 3 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 7 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 8 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 9 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 10 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys