Firework believed to be behind blaze at house in Thetford
- Credit: Archant
A fire at a house in Thetford on Saturday night is believed to have been started by a firework.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service were called to the incident on Jasmine Close at 7.20pm.
When the two crews from Thetford arrived the roof of the property was well alight.
Ian Collyer, who lives in the house, had made it outside the property and his lodger was not at home at the time of the fire.
Firefighters at the scene said it was believed a rogue firework got into the roof, which has suffered substantial damage, but an investigation was due to be carried out.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Collyer said: 'I was upstairs watching the fireworks. I have two rabbits in the garden and was making sure they were okay.
'I hadn't got any lights on and then suddenly the lady from next door said 'get out of the house, there's a fire'.'
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 5 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 6 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 7 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 10 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
He added: 'It was very quick. I am happy we are out and safe. It is just one of them things.'