Firefighters tackling scrap yard blaze in Red Lodge, near Mildenhall, involving 100 vehicles
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Fire crews tackled a blaze at a scrap yard in Red Lodge, near Mildenhall, this morning.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue was alerted at 2.05am to the fire in Green Lane, which firefighters have reported is at a scrap yard involving around 100 vehicles.
A total of 12 crews attended the incident.
The fire was under control by 8am and crews remained on scene until 11.30am to monitor the situation.
No one was reported missing or injured, and no dangerous substances were reported by crews on the scene.
You may also want to watch:
An investigation was due today to establish the cause.
A spokesman from Suffolk police said it had been made aware of the incident but did not need to attend.
- 1 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 4 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 5 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 6 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 7 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 10 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
Terry Hunn, manager of Scrapco Metal Recycling, said: 'I got a phone call in the middle of the night, and if I get a call, it's normally that someone's broken into the yard or there's been a fire. It's never good.
'The fire service did a brilliant job to contain the fire and it was dealt with.'