Firefighters tackle straw bales blaze inside barn in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters quickly dealt with three large bales of straw, which were ablaze inside a barn in Oulton Broad.
Three crews from Lowestoft South fire station were called out at 3.10pm today (Saturday) following reports of a barn blaze on Queens Highway in Lowestoft.
On arrival at the scene crews found one barn, measuring about 40m x 30m, with 'two seats of fire,' which was 'heavily smoke logged', according to the brigade.
A spokesman for the fire service said: 'Three large bales have been found smouldering inside the barn and efforts are being made to break up the bales.'
The spokesman added that while the blaze – which was contained inside the barn – was put out 'quite quickly' there was 'a large volume of smoke that took a long time to clear.'
The scene was cleared by 4.55pm.