Firefighters tackle electrical fire at house in Thorpe St Andrew
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have tackled a blaze in the roof of a property in Thorpe St Andrew.
Firefighters had to use ladders to get to the source of an electrical fire within the roof of a large house in Thorpe St Andrew.
Fire crews from Carrow, Sprowston, Earlham, Hethersett and Wroxham were called to the property at Yarmouth Road shortly after 7.15pm on Wednesday.
Neighbours said they did not see any smoke coming from the house, but saw ladders propped up against it as firefighters searched inside.
One neighbour, who did not wish to be named, said the property had only recently been purchased and was being renovated.
You may also want to watch:
On Thursday morning, builders and electricians could be seen at the house, but there was no visible fire damage.
A Norfolk fire service spokesman said crews tackled an electrical fire in the roof of the property.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 3 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 4 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 5 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 6 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 7 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 8 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 9 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 10 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
Firefighters left the scene shortly after 8.10pm.