Firefighters tackle Norwich kitchen fire
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to a fire in a kitchen in Norwich.
Appliances from Sprowston and Carrow attended the fire on Southalls Way at just before 7pm on Tuesday (May 14).
Crews used hose reel jets to extinguish the fire, which was in the kitchen, while wearing breathing apparatus.
The property was then ventilated, crews checked for hot spots using a thermal imaging camera.
A fire service spokesman said there was no report of any injuries following the fire.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, at 3.50pm on Tuesday, two appliances from Great Yarmouth attended a kitchen fire on Shakespeare Road in the town.
The crews used hose reel jets, a hydrant, a positive pressure ventilation fan and wore breathing apparatus.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 What happened when The Only Way Is Essex was filmed in Norfolk?
Earlier, at just before 2pm an appliance from Sprowston attended to a garden gate on fire at a property on Mousehold Street in Norwich.