Firefighters tackle Norwich kitchen fire
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to a fire in a kitchen in Norwich.
Appliances from Sprowston and Carrow attended the fire on Southalls Way at just before 7pm on Tuesday (May 14).
Crews used hose reel jets to extinguish the fire, which was in the kitchen, while wearing breathing apparatus.
The property was then ventilated, crews checked for hot spots using a thermal imaging camera.
A fire service spokesman said there was no report of any injuries following the fire.
Meanwhile, at 3.50pm on Tuesday, two appliances from Great Yarmouth attended a kitchen fire on Shakespeare Road in the town.
The crews used hose reel jets, a hydrant, a positive pressure ventilation fan and wore breathing apparatus.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 5 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 6 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 7 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 8 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 9 'Man with a van' fined for dumping waste in village
- 10 Council to sell land in 'Chelsea-on-Sea'
Earlier, at just before 2pm an appliance from Sprowston attended to a garden gate on fire at a property on Mousehold Street in Norwich.