Firefighters tackle blaze in Methwold
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Firefighters spent the early hours battling a blaze at an industrial building in Methwold.
Eight crews, plus a water carrier, high volume pump and an aerial ladder platform went to the fire, at the property in Brandon Road, Methwold, at just after 1am today.
They used compressed foam and hoses and had put out the fire by 4am. They then used a thermal image camera to check for fire spread and a fan to disperse smoke from the premises.
Nobody was hurt.
Fire crews from Methwold, Brandon, Downham Market, Thetford, Kings Lynn South, Mildenhall, East Harling and Outwell attended, along with specialist appliances.
A Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said crews remained at the scene until around 4am, with one crew remaining until 6.30am.
- 1 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 2 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 3 Staff and customers gutted after fire badly damages popular takeaway
- 4 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 5 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 6 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 7 Is this Norfolk's quirkiest cafe?
- 8 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 9 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 10 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible