Firefighters tackle blaze in gorse near Lowestoft
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Firefighters tackled a fire in an area of gorse land near Lowestoft.
Firefighters were called to the blaze at Gunton Warren at just before 6pm today.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service sent four vehicles to the scene, including a crew from South Lowestoft and another from North Lowestoft.
The fire had been brought under control by 7.15pm.
It came just under a week after another fire nearby.
Last Saturday, fire crews from Norfolk had to be drafted in to tackle a blaze in brush on the beach side of Corton Road, near Dip Farm.
On that occasion, three appliances from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston helped Suffolk Fire and Rescue service douse the flames.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 4 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 5 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 6 Norfolk Labour website tells people not to vote for party
- 7 Norfolk hotel set to launch five romantic orchard cabins next year
- 8 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 9 More than 80 Norfolk parishes protest against wind farm plans
- 10 6 ice rinks to visit in Norfolk and Suffolk this Christmas