Firefighters tackle blaze in gorse near Lowestoft
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Firefighters tackled a fire in an area of gorse land near Lowestoft.
Firefighters were called to the blaze at Gunton Warren at just before 6pm today.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service sent four vehicles to the scene, including a crew from South Lowestoft and another from North Lowestoft.
The fire had been brought under control by 7.15pm.
It came just under a week after another fire nearby.
You may also want to watch:
Last Saturday, fire crews from Norfolk had to be drafted in to tackle a blaze in brush on the beach side of Corton Road, near Dip Farm.
On that occasion, three appliances from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston helped Suffolk Fire and Rescue service douse the flames.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 9 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 10 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47