Firefighters tackle blaze in care home boiler room
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
More than a dozen firefighters were called to a fire at a residential care home on Saturday morning.
At 9.54am, Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service was called to Badgers Wood Care Home on School Road in Drayton, after a fire broke out in a boiler room at the assisted living facility.
Crews from Wroxham, Earlham, Carrow and Sprowston attended the scene, taking less than half an hour to bring the situation under control.
Anne Richers, registered manager at Badgers Wood, said: “Our staff did an amazing job of raising the alarm and followed all our protocols to the letter, so I couldn’t be happier with them.
“Everyone is safe, well and accounted for and I can’t praise our staff enough for the way they responded.”
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews used thermal image cameras to check the boiler room for potential hot spots after extinguishing the blaze, before leaving the scene at 10.21am.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 3 Drivers ‘lucky to walk away’ as cars overturn
- 4 What each lockdown tier could mean for Norfolk
- 5 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 6 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 7 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 8 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 9 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 10 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash