Firefighters still on scene dealing with large agricultural fire at Walpole St Andrew, Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters are still on scene tackling a large agricultural fire at Walpole St Andrew.
Appliances from King's Lynn, Terrington, West Walton and Long Sutton together with the water carrier from Fakenham and control unit from Wymondham have were called at 11.30pm last night to a blaze involving a 40 metre by 20 metre agricultural building at King John Bank.
Fire crews used hose reel jets and main jets to extinguish the fire.
A spokesman in the Norfolk Fire and Rescue Control Room said two appliances, one from King's Lynn and another from Terrington, are still on scene this afternoon.
The crews are currently dampening down and removing the debris.
They Meanwhile at 5.40am this morning one appliance from King's Lynn North and another from King's Lynn South were called following reports of a building fire at Hillington Square.
The fire is believed to have involved rubbish chutes.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 3 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 4 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 5 Customers travelling across Norfolk to try pub's 'afternoon sea'
- 6 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 7 Road rage incident sees van driver run over by car
- 8 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 9 Murder probe sends 'shockwaves' through community
- 10 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
Crews wore breathing apparatus and used hose reel jets to extinguish the fire.