Firefighters release deer after it got stuck in gate
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Norfolk firefighters have helped release a deer that got stuck in a gate.
One appliance from Kings Lynn was mobilised to Castle Rising Road, Wootton just after noon on Friday (January 3) and released a deer that was stuck in a gate.
The crew used hydraulic rescue equipment to release the animal.
Meanwhile, a fire crew from Earlham made the area safe after a small fire broke out on an electrical pole on Ladysmock Way in Bowthorpe at just after 12.40pm.
In Wellington Road, Great Yarmouth appliances from Yarmouth and Gorleston were called out to a building fire shortly before 11am.
You may also want to watch:
Crews removed a washing machine from the building and made the area safe.
Earlier on Friday the Mundesley appliance was mobilised to an alarm activation on High Street, Mundesley. Crews discovered that food had been burnt but the fire was extinguished before arrival.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 9 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 10 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales