Firefighters thank villagers for bacon sandwiches and cold drinks
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have thanked people in Norfolk after they were given bacon sandwiches and cold drinks while battling a fire.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service posted on Facebook on Friday to say their Methwold crew had been busy with a fire, which comes amid a spate of wildfires caused by the particularly hot and dry conditions.
They said they wanted to give a 'big thank you' to a 'lovely lady' who made them bacon sandwiches and bought them chocolate and cold drinks.
They added: 'And the loveliness didn't stop there, a kind gent who was passing the incident went to the shops and return with cold drinks for the crew. Norfolk folks, you really are the best.'
The fire service revealed on Thursday that they had attended almost 200 wildfires since the start of June, compared to just 32 two years earlier.
You may also want to watch:
They said crews were going above and beyond, and that retained crews were having to be available for much longer periods.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 What happened when The Only Way Is Essex was filmed in Norfolk?